Health Benefits of Proper Hydration cont.
6. Stay regular. Water helps prevent constipation by adding fluid to the colon and bulk to stools,
making bowel movements softer and easier to pass.
7. Stay hydrated, get energized, and be alert. On average, most adults lose about 10 cups of fluid a day
through sweating, exhaling, urinating, and bowel movements. Even minor dehydration can cause
impaired concentration, headaches, irritability, and fatigue.
8. Regulate your body temperature. Perspiration is your body's natural mechanism to control body
temperature. And to sweat, you need plenty of water.
9. Reduce your risk of disease and infection. Water can help prevent kidney stones and reduce your
chances of getting bladder, kidney, and urinary tract infections. One study found that women who
drank more than five glasses of water a day had a risk of colon cancer that was 45 percent less than
those who drank two or fewer glasses a day.
10. Get well. The traditional prescription to "drink plenty of fluids" when you're sick still holds strong.
Water can help control a fever, replace lost fluids, and thin out mucus.
When you mix proper water consumption with the added properties of ionized, you get a combination
of hydration and good health that is sure to help you feel better and stay on top of your game!
|Discover the Power of Health Through Hydration!